Sunday, July 30, 2006

Thrill Ride

I guess I finally got what was coming to me.... if you read enough teen romances, eventually one of them will make your real life a cliche -- for example, in Thrill Ride by Rachel Hawthorne (which was actually a REALLY cute teen romance novel) the girl proves her love to the hot guy she likes by riding on the Magnum Force roller coaster at a fictious roller coaster park on Lake Erie. Which is identical to what I did in early July, except that the hot guy was my husband, and the roller coaster was the Millenium Force, and the roller coaster park was Cedar Point, and I rode the coaster TWICE. So, I loved this book because it was about teens working at Cedar Point for the summer, and I was just there this month, but I hated it because it was so darn cheesy and also because I had been thinking how fun it would be to set my nanowrimo novel at Cedar Point, maybe with some people who worked there over the summer and I came back and found the very same story already on the shelves at the library!
I checked it out. 297 pgs.
Also, I indulged in some Regency Romance over my lunch hour Saturday with Cut from the Same Cloth by Kathleen Baldwin. 222 pgs.
And later I read Lord Yates and the Yankee by Joy Reed. 223 pgs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home