Monday, June 26, 2006

So Many Books, So Little Time

I got a little behind, but I am going to try to catch up now.

I listened to the audiobook To Say Nothing of the Dog; or, How We Found the Bishop's Bird Stump at Last by Connie Willis. I know, I know, I account for at least half of the circulation of the library's copy of this audiobook. But I love that book so much.
21.25 hours

Been There, Done That by Carol Snow
A30-ish journalist stuck writing education fluff pieces gets a chance to go undercover as a freshman at a nearby private college in an attempt to uncover illicit activities. It was a cute story, but the best part was the unexpected prostitution sub-plot!
I reviewed it. 329 pgs.

The Balance Thing
My perfect idea of a chick-lit romance novel. Bitchy career gal turns out to be the beloved of a kind and secretly successful young man who loves her for her true self. Also, Vladima the online animated vampire comic figured promimently into the plot. Work/Love. How to choose?
I reviewed it. 352 pgs.

Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight by Alexandra Fuller
Bobo and her family live in several African nations during tulmultous times in the 1970's through 1990's. It's hard to like her parents, but their lives and choices aren't up for serious criticism since this is a memoir not a work of fiction. It's a brave story about a unique family.
I read it for my book group.
301 pgs.

Also, I've watched season one of Everwood, Undeclared, a couple of Pride and Prejudice adaptations, and season of of Futurama. And all 6 of my WoW characters have ding'ed 10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home