Tuesday, April 14, 2009

natural born awakening

I listened to SEP's Natural Born Charmer, which I had read before. It was narrated by the late great Anna Fields. 12 hours.

I read The Awakening by Kate Chopin for my book group. People at the discussion were very mixed/confused/conflicted by what they thought about it, what they were supposed to think about it, and whether or not they found Edna inspiring or disgusting. I read most of it while holding the baby, which made it hard and easy for my to sympathize with a woman who didn't want to be defined by her children and family. 190 pages.

Dan and I read aloud to Kivrin for 30 minutes at a booth for National Library Week yesterday, but it was all board books which I traditionally have not counted here.

I feel like I have read more things lately, but I can't seem to find any evidence of them lying around the house so this will be my last post for this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home