Thursday, May 17, 2007

Frenemies by Megan Crane

I loved this book because it was sooo true to life. Well, except the part where the MC was supposed to be a librarian, but seemed to never interact with any people except her crazy museum-owner boss. But even that was forgivable because this was funny and insightful and all about being 29 (which I am all about right now...). And it was about real love and fake love and real friends and fake friends and mostly about how hard it is to tell the difference between the two. I was thrown off by the acknowledgements (which I should learn to stop reading first) when the hottie Henry was compared favorable to a certain Veronica Mars bad boy (can we say Logan Echolls) and then I spent the whole novel comparing them...when I should have just imagined Henry on his own merits, in part because he seemed to be missing that crucial violence element which Logan has so perfected. But I digress. This book is really about best friend break-ups and how they hurt more than the traditional romantic relationship breakup, because best friends are sometimes/usually closer and more serious and more honest relationships anyway. I reviewed it for www.freshfiction.com 289 pgs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home