Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Adventures in Knitting

Actually, I have been experimenting with a knitting machine, but that is not the point of this entry, since last night I read the book Adventures in Knitting - breaking the rules and creating unique designs by Brenda Shapeero. She is definitely a dedicated and creative textile artist, and her advice is less about making clothes than about just experimenting with leftover yarns. I liked her advice about adding bobbles, and leaving spaces and holes to weave other yarn back through the design before it is completed. And her thick fringe with braids and weaves and wrapping was visually interesting, I guess. Even for me, this one was a little bit weird.
I checked it out. 93 pages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home