Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Avalon High

Avalon High by Meg Cabot

Why am I such a sucker for any kind of literary adaptation set in the world of highschool stereotypes? This is another such work, albeit a less familiar world for me -- the world of Arthurian legend. Cabot recognizes that her readers may not be familiar with the intricacies of Arthur and his crowd, so she fill in the background by giving the main character two medivial history professors for parents, and a school project on the Lady of Shalott. The only thing missing was a reference to Anne of Green Gables, which is all that I think about any time I hear the Tennyson poem.

I listened to it. 7 hrs.

Also, I recently vegged out and watched the first season of One Tree Hill. TV on DVD is a great time saver and convenience, unless the collection is due back at the library in 3 short weeks. Watching an entire season of TV in such a short time certainly intensifies the drama!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home