Monday, April 24, 2006

Vegan Virgin Valentine

I just finished Vegan Virgin Valentine by Caroline Mackler. I listened to the Recorded Books audiobook, narrated by Katherine Kellgren, who was excellent.
The story, of a driven honors student trying to achieve valedictorian, Yale, college coursework, extracurriculars, and a part-time job, was similar enough to my own experiences at 17 that I felt some camaraderie with her. Especially when she starts dating a guy who is a few years older who doesn't share her educational goals. Recently, Mara Valentine has become a vegan so that she will have something to obsess about (besides her ex). And she isn't thrilled that her niece V, an experienced troublemaker, is moving in with her and going to her high school.
This was a fun YA novel, although V had quite the potty mouth. (With audiobooks I'm sometimes self-conscious about the f-word if I am listening in the yard or with open windows. Don't want to shock the neighbors or anything.)

I checked it out. 6 hrs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home