Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Recent book group reads

For January's book groups I read Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen, 176 pgs.
and White Oleander by Janet Fitch, 390 pgs.

For February's book groups I read The Learning Tree by Gordon Parks (part of the Kansas Reads statewide project. It was EXCELLENT to read and even better to discuss! 230 pgs.
And I read The Bookseller of Kabul for our Sunday book group - 287 pgs. I just noticed that our library has it cataloged in non-fiction, 958.1, although we discussed it as fictionalized reality. The lines between reality and fiction are so blurred and interesting! I think that in February we had some of our best book group discussions -- interesting people and complex discussions add so much to my reading and understanding of the books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home