Sunday, September 17, 2006

True Confessions

True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet by Lola Douglas
The diary of an actress who left 6 months in rehab to live in Fort Wayne, Indiana and attend highschool as a normal teenage girl, which may be her most challenging role yet. Great movie references, and real people instead of stereotypes. I checked it out. 260 pgs.

Also, I listened to The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King, narrated by Jenny Sterlin, which was even better than I remembered it. Sometimes I worry that most of my knowledge of the world comes from fiction, even my knowledge of literature. My conception of Sherlock Holmes and his cohorts is from novels that pretend that the Conan Doyle stories are fiction and that Holmes and Watson were real. 13.75 hrs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home