Tuesday, December 22, 2009

escape into fiction

A few audiobooks got me through my holiday baking extravaganza.

The Maltese Falcon by Dashiel Hammett
from my facebook: "Noir is not my thing. I knew this.Listening to Maltese Falcon while baking Christmas cookies kind of balanced out in a surreal way. Cookies didn't make me sentimental and homesick; Sam spade et al didn't make me lose all faith in humanity. Now to read a romance novel before bed..." December 13 at 12:44am via Facebook for iPhone ยท I listened to it, 7 hours.

Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler
companion to Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict, which I liked. 9.5 hours on audiobook by Kate Reading, who is always a delight!

from my facebook: "Read a book from start to finish under the covers and with my trusty booklight. Fabulous way to spend an evening quasi-alone! (kivrin is snuggled next to me) the book was "Busy Woman Seeks Wife" by annie sanders-- smart fun chick lit career girl romance, and British" Sat at 1:27am via Facebook for iPhone Only Friends
I also really liked this writing duo's first book Goodbye, Jimmy Choo from 2006, which I reviewed here
303 pages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home